This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
I graduated from Al Jamia Al Islamia, Kerala in 2006 with an Islamic Studies degree. Post that, I completed the M.A programme from Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi in 2010 and also M.Phil in 2012.
I am currently looking to teach students in a respected institution like yours. I am familiar with the revised syllabus and comfortable with teaching classes across Primary and Middle School sections.
I have three years of experience teaching Islamic Studies across all grades. My enthusiasm for Islamic Studies is ardent enough to make me a good teacher for this significant subject especially in UAE.
Presently working at Oasis International School, Al Ain as the Head of Islamic Studies Department I have relied upon to assess and look after 150+ students throughout the term. I also possess an ability to communicate complex information in an understandable way students can easily comprehend.
I also have prior experience of adopting distinctive teaching methodologies, documenting all lessons, organizing healthy group discussions, and mentoring troubled students.
Some of the initiatives I have taken during my job as the Head of the Department of Islamic Studies in Oasis International School, Al Ain are:
- Islamic week with the theme – ‘Islam for All’
- Ramadan Fiesta – students showcasing different items
- Online Quran recitation competition
- Poster-making on the eve of Prophet Muhammad (SAW)’s birthday
- Talks and seminars for senior students related to themes like:
‘Prophet Muhammad (SAW) – the benefactor of humanity’
‘Islam and Tolerance’
- Story telling competition for Cycle-1 students on the eve of Prophet Muhammad (SAW)’s birthday.
- PD session for teachers on how to deepen the students understanding of the Holy Quran and Hadith
- Preparing students for competitions conducted by other schools. Our students have won prizes in Qirath, Quiz and Elocution competitions.
- Conducted PD sessions for faculty members on Critical Thinking, Application of Blooms Taxonomy in Islamic Studies and Collaboration in learning.
- Guided the faculty members in gaining knowledge in the latest teaching tools for online teaching. Conducted observations for faculty members and always guided them to take classes according to ADEK guidelines.
The nature of my degree course has prepared me for this position. It involved a great deal of independent research, requiring initiative, self-motivation and a wide range of skills. I believe my education, skills and experiences fit your requirements, and I am confident my skills would be an asset to the institution.
M.Phil - West Asian Studies
PhD - West Asian Studies
I have been teaching Islamic Studies for the last three years