Project Director (BB-C9D1C)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
Job Role: Project Director
- Communicate with the Client’srepresentatives continuously regarding Project Progress and areasof concerns.
- Exceptional Leadership Skills,possessing a collaborative management style, and ability to work ina multi-discipline team format.
- Participate inthe planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutionsfor the construction project; provides conceptual estimates,feasibility studies, and cost estimates, and may coordinate theproduction of basic design plans and constructiondocuments.
- Oversee and participate in. theproject budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality controlprovisions and value engineering.
- Oversee allaspects of the day-to-day management of the construction project;monitor and coordinate work performed by architectural,engineering, and construction departments.
- Manage the review and interpret proposed designs,architectural drawings, and building specifications forappropriateness to required function and/or institutional standard,and initiates revisions where appropriate; advise consultants andclients as to how best to achieve required results.
- Ensure that project operations are in compliance withdesign specifications and client requirements.
- Establish performance and delivery criteria, ensuringthat client requirements are being met; prepare projectspecifications, and coordinates procurement, asappropriate.
- Authorize the issuance ofcontracts, purchase orders, and change orders, and approvescontractor invoices for payment.
- Direct worksequencing to expedite project delivery and to minimize disruptionof ongoing operations.
- Inspects, approves, andaccepts completed projects for the institution, ensuringconformance with institutional standards, building and life safetycodes, and architectural/engineering specifications.
- Represent the institution in business with customers,consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agenciesand organizations.
- Researches and preparesvarious reports pertaining to operations, equipment, policies,procedures, and/or other issues, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree inCivil Engineering, Construction Management orequivalent.
- A postgraduate degree inEngineering or an MBA will be considered a plus.
- At least twenty years of experience in similar roles inProject Management.
- PMP, PMI, CIOB orequivalent certification is strongly preferred.
- Strong track record in delivering projects in afast-moving and challenging environment.
- Proven experience in building and leading high performingteams.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Officeapplications, including excel and word.
- Excellent command of written and spokenEnglish.
calendar_today1 day ago
location_onAbu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
work Hill International