Embassy Events Officer A2(l) (BB-3AB33)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
Job Role: Embassy Events OfficerA2(l)
- Planning - Maintainforward calendar of events and associated detailed guidance forinternal and external partners and suppliers supporting eventdelivery, taking full account of UK government guidance and bestpractice. Timely communication of plans and opportunities,including proactive identification of challenges to maintain highstandards of delivery during busy periods. Monitoring ofperformance against Post Entertainment Plan targets, includingmeeting income generation targets. Contribute to the annual reviewand updates to the Entertainment Plan.
- Delivery - Guideinternal and external partners and suppliers through all stages ofevent delivery, including protocol for VIP participation, pre-eventinspection visits, explanation of facilities and all Embassyrequirements, including charges, contracts, insurance, security,invitation format, timings for guest list hand in/ securityrequirements. Supervision on site during events, including forliaison with suppliers, and meeting, greeting, and escorting guestsas needed. Management of guest lists, including replies/confirmations. Quality control at all stages.
- Resource management, supplies, and recordkeeping - Maintain accurate budget profilesand records of all event-related spend, including income frompartners, inventories of Residence supplies, and records of events,including numbers of guests, databases, etc. Ensure properarrangements are in place for provision of alcoholic andnon-alcoholic drinks. Help ensure income generation targets are metand auditable standards of contract management aremaintained.
- Contact and suppliermanagement - Maintain a strong set of keycontacts and relationships with the hospitality industry,suppliers, event equipment hire, and others. Internally, workeffectively with the Post Security Manager to ensure all securityrequirements are met, and with Embassy Communications and CorporateServices teams on all aspects of delivery.
- Leading andCommunicating - Effective leadership ofevent planning and delivery, with a particular focus on timelycommunication to all involved, including event organisers, serviceproviders and Embassy colleagues. Proactive anticipation ofchallenges, escalating these as necessary.
- Collaborating andPartnering - Working collaboratively,sharing information and building supportive, responsiverelationships with colleagues and stakeholders whilst having theconfidence to challenge assumptions. A high standard ofinterpersonal skills is essential, particularly when working atpressure during events, which may involve very seniorguests.
- Managing a QualityService - Being organised to deliverservice objectives and striving to improve the quality of service,taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.Attention to detail is essential, particularly on externalcommunication, invitations, detailed event timetables, contracts,financial and security arrangements. Also proactive identificationand anticipation of problems, taking action to tackle these,including prompt escalation where required.
- Delivering atPace - Focusing on delivering timelyperformance with energy and taking responsibility andaccountability for quality outcomes. Working to agreed goals andactivities and dealing with challenges in a responsive andconstructive way. Requires resilience to help keep all aspects oflarge events on track.
Essentialqualifications, skills and experience
- Excellent organisational skills, ideally including eventmanagement
- Experience of working within aninternational environment
- Excellent command ofspoken and written English
- Excellentinterpersonal and communication skills with strong customerfocus
- Strong IT skills including Excel, Word,PowerPoint and web-based packages
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Previous knowledge of UK Government operationsand priorities
- Knowledge of Dubai-basedsuppliers and local ways of working
- Arabiclanguage is not required, but some knowledge would be anadvantage
calendar_today2 days ago
location_onAbu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
work Foreign & Commonwealth Office