Firefighter - Subject to Contract Award (BB-4994B)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
Job Role: Firefighter - Subject to ContractAward
- Responds to actual or potential aviation fire (ARFF)emergencies to prevent or extinguish fires and rescue aircraftcrew/passengers using specialist equipment as required.
- Responds to actual or potential structural fires (SRFF),including office/accommodation buildings, welfare facilities, fuelfarms/petroleum and hazardous products storage areas, and any otherarea of the airbase to combat fires and potential fire hazardsusing specialist equipment as required
- Appliesappropriate firefighting techniques and media application to manageadditional potential incidents such as fuel spills, to mitigate thedanger of aircraft fire or explosion.
- Conductsrescue operations and the safe removal of trapped or injuredpersons from aircraft, vehicles and buildings, using specialistequipment such as power/hydraulic tools, breathing apparatus, PPVand ladders, which may also include working at height of confinedspace working.
- Responds to actual or potential (ARFF/SRFF)fires or emergencies in the capacity of fire vehicle driveroperator with responsibility for all vehicle movements andoperation requirements
- Conducts the dailyoperational serviceability, vehicle and equipment checks includingoperation of engine, transmission, drive train, pumps, andhydraulic systems
Control Room Operator(Desirable)
- Managesthe control room in the fire station on a shift basis anddispatches fire vehicles/equipment resources as required to allreported emergencies/alarms.
- Continuouslymonitors control room incoming airfield crash alarm, calls, signalsand information concerning fire and emergency including tests thatoriginate from the mains panel, the control tower and the buildingfire alarm and detection systems.
What We Are Looking For In OurCandidates
- Experience– Two-Five (2-5) years’ experience infire/rescue services including two (2) years as a firefighter at anICAO Category Five (5) airfield or above. Additional fire/rescuework experience may be substituted for up to two (2) years formaleducation in the ratio of two (2) years’ experience toone (1) years education.
- Negative VettingLevel 1 (NV1) security clearance (Essential) or approved equivalentfor non-Australian FVEY applicants.
- Militaryfirefighting experience (Desirable)
- Certified‘Medically Fit’ for the role.
- Languages – English Oral/Written (Essential),Arabic (Desirable).
- Proficient in MicrosoftOffice and Computer based dispatch/control systems(Desirable)
- Other - Valid heavy vehicleoperator license in country of origin and ability to obtainequivalent in the United Arab Emirates (Desirable).
- Education - Ten (10)years formal education.
SpecializedQualifications – Applicants shall be certified competentin role and qualified to a minimum of:
- 111610 ADF FIREFIGHTER BASIC
- 111608BREATHING APPARATUS MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
- Nationals of the FVEY (Australia, New Zealand, UK, US,Canada) countries without the above, shall possess fire and rescuequalifications at least equal to the below:
- ICAO Firefighter
- NFPA 1001Firefighter I/II
- NFPA 1002 Fire Apparatus,Driver/Operator
- NFPA 1003 AirportFirefighter
- NFPA 1061 Public SafetyTelecommunicator I/II
- NFPA 472/1072 HAZMATFirst Responder Technician Level
- FirstAid/Basic Life Support Certification (Essential)
- SCBA Maintenance Technician (Desirable)
calendar_today1 hour ago
location_onAbu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
work SERCO Group