Senior QA Automation Engineer (BB-A3439)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
Key criteria;competencies Desirable Essential
1 More automationexperience on Backend 2 years experience in backend automationtesting and 4 in total testing ( Manual and automated)
2 Advanced experience in API testing.
Synchronous vsasynchronous nature of API Working knowledge of REST APIs(automated testing) – Backend
Expert in test automation tools like:
3 Working experience of delivery tools andscripting JIRA (Bugs, tasks), TestLink or TestRail for test casemanagement Able to write test cases and test plans –descriptions of story.
Understanding of SDLC, STLC andAgile methodologies.
Unix / Linux for occasionallywriting scripts – Windows
High-levelunderstanding of Web technologies and Programming languageslike:
Bachelors’ degree in MIS or CISpreferred
Functional and non- functionaltesting – automated for the tools we mentionedabove
What are 4 most important screening questions youwould like all candidates to be asked? 1) What do you understand byAPI monitoring? – Analyze the stability of the API or toknow its scalability
2) What is non-functional testingand what kind of non-functional tests have you performed in thepast. – performance, stress, load, security testsetc
3) What kind of methods you have worked on for API: GET, POST, DELETE, PUT etc
4) Difference betweenblackbox and whitebox testing, greybox? – more forfrontend
5) Question for backend QA - What is themeaning of backward compatibility and how do you check it withevery new release? Features should remain the same even afterchanging
6) Non-software question: In a factory, howwould you test a chair? How will the candidate react tonon-software questions? Will they think as a quality assuranceperson or will they limit themselves to software andspecifically.
7) What do you mean by the error codes inAPI? 404, 400, 500
Notes The successful candidate willbe a key contributor to the overall quality of the productsdeveloped within the backend teams (web and native mobile apps),together with other team members. Agile is key to our journey andyou will play a big role in building and developing the agileorganization. You will work together with our QA team in drivingtheir test strategies towards major initiatives and continuousproduct development.
You will be responsible forimplementing standards in automated and manual testing solutions.You will look to match the best testing technology and solutions toour pipelines, constantly on the hunt for ways to improve things.You will also be hands-on with our scrum teams’day-to-day work, interacting with developers, product managers, anddesigners on a daily basis to deliver on sprint goals. You are asoftware engineer and thrive on applying your technical skills tobuild elegant solutions to meet quality goals. You have a bigpicture view of how mobile/web infrastructure works, how code getsbuilt, tested, and deployed. You know how to make the end-userexperience great.
Key relationships Development team,DevOps, Product team
Business objectives– what is person expected to deliver in first 6 to 12months? Work with the QA Lead to Set overall framework forautomated testing and tools, write the code to start it and set itall up in web and mobile
Typical projects/ dailyactivities • Apply proven analytical and problem-solvingskills
• Communicate test progress, testresults, and quality of application changes.
•Analyze test results to discover and report out on defects.
• Document defects effectively and collaborate withdevelopers to see them resolved
• Work withthe scrum team to ensure that all stories have well definedacceptance criteria, test plans, and any hooks needed to enabletestability
• Diagnose issues to determinescope and provide reproduction scenarios
•Able to test Back-end application and web services
• Knowledge of debugging a defect
•Work closely with the Product, QA Automation, and Development teamsduring all phases of the software development lifecycle.
• Track multiple test executions simultaneously andsynthesize results.
• Proactively identify newtools/processes/approaches and continuously strive to find ways toimprove the overall testing strategy
• Abilityto work well with on-shore and off-shore teams.
• Deliver high quality product releases
• Thrive in an agile environment where design decisionsare made collaboratively every day
calendar_today5 days ago
location_onUnited Arab Emirates
work Dicetek LLC