Contracts Engineer (BB-A73E8)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
- Direct, supervise and lead assigned Contract& Procurement Engineers in administering Contracts,advise them on interpretation of contractual Terms and conditions,company policies, procedures, and general contractualprinciples.
- Provide guidance on contractmatters, such as Variations and Amendments, strategies andprocedures, to management, including training to new projectmanagers and other employees in contracting procedures.
- Responsible for preparing /assist in preparing themanagement report and shareholder faxes on Contract Administrationwhere Contract Engineers are remotely placed in Contractor yards.Update and incorporate in MAXIMO Contract Variations/Amendments.
- In critical cases, Prepare andcompile all Contractual correspondence and notices to EPCContractor and outside agencies, to ensure viability, legality,interpretation and ease of administration and protectCompany’s interests.
- Review andmonitor the administration of Provisional Sums incorporated inContracts. Monitor the validity of all contracts and guarantees andensure its timely extensions, including insurancecoverage.
- Assist in evaluatingcontractor’s request for approval of vendors andsub-contractors and contribute to standardization of Vendor List.Make suggestions to standardization of equipment andservices.
- Validate the development andimplementation of all contractor procedures for conformity with theContract. Checks conformity of all documentations prepared duringContract Administration.
- Supervise and adviseContract Engineers in Validating Variation /change orders.Coordinate on behalf of PMT in issuing Contract Variation Orders/Amendments and ensure corresponding approvals are obtained by PMTin accordance with company procedure.
- Ensureall Variation Orders/ Amendments are entered in Company ERP(MAXIMO) system and document the approvals obtained.
- Contractually analyze the claims for avoidance/mitigation of any disputes and maintain accurate, complete andcomprehensive records of any disputes for future arbitration/litigation if any.
- Review and endorsecontractor’s requests for issuance of completioncertificates and tenability of such request in accordance with theprovisions of the contract
- Supervise andCoordinate the final ‘close-out’ of completedcontract(s) by ensuring proper resolution of all outstandingissues, viz warranties, punch lists, performance report, financialclose out, release letter etc.
calendar_today10 hours ago
location_onRas Al-Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
work Allstream Global