Support Specialist - IT (BB-8E90E)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
- ITSupport Specialist is Responsible for providing comprehensive ITsupport and technical functions required supporting the differentUnits of UAE University.
- The individual will Performsa variety of complex information technology support duties toensure smooth delivery of technology services.
-Monitors, operates, coordinates, assists and trains others in theoperation of computer hardware, software, and peripherals in orderto achieve desired result.
- Troubleshoots, repairs andmaintenance for computer equipment (e.g.microcomputers, diskdrives, and laser printers) tests personal computers andperipherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus softwareproblems
- Deliver proactive onsite support andknowledge transfer to the customers.
- AdministrateActive directory users, Exchange users management, SCCM system(Servers and users side), Citrix cloud computing and apps, Printmanagement solution (Server and users Side),
- Manageand Produce the university Hardware Standards Technicalspecifications, for Tendering Purpose, preparing technical studies,technical reports for the purchased IT equipment's.
- Supervise the photocopiers maintenance orders, preparetechnical specifications, studies, reports.
-Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Acts as a customer liaison for the computing operation,communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution ofproblems and concerns
- Develops and tests complex userdocumentation; works with hardware vendors to resolve equipmentfailures/problems
- May perform routine security checkson the system
- Participate in complex technicalprojects
- Contributes to unit goals by accomplishingrelated duties as required.
- May have budgetaryresponsibility for purchasing IT equipment and monitoring within aprescribed budget
- Serves as technical resource tounit.
- Designs and produces moderately complexreports
- Talking staff/clients through a series ofactions, either face to face or over the telephone.
-Replacing parts as required.
- Installing/configuring newcomputers/telephones
- Repairing/upgrading PC and Machardware and software
- Maintaining inventory ofequipment and supplies (cables, adapters, etc.)
-Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirementsfor new systems or modifications.
- Develop trainingmaterials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use ofhardware and software.
- Prepare evaluations ofsoftware or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Read trade magazines and technical manuals, and attendconferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of hardware andsoftware.
- Supervise and coordinate workers engaged inproblem-solving, monitoring, and installing data communicationequipment and software.
- Supporting the roll-out ofnew applications.
- Setting up new users'accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs.
-Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time.
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customersand other professionals
- Testing and evaluating newtechnology;
- Conducting safety checks on computerequipment.
- Coordinates closely with the UITShelpdesk.
- Supports technical needs ofconferences.
- Supports the development and maintenanceof department websites.
- Provides workshops forstudents, faculty and staff.
- Oversight and managementof a 24x7x365 environment which may require some off shiftwork.
- This position will also require on-callresponse to incidents as necessary.
- Responsible toadhere with all information security policies and procedures of theUniversity.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position will assist staff in UAEU campuses andremote locations with technical support to ensure the reliabilityand sustainability of information and communication resources
Preferred Qualification - Excellent Communication Skills bothverbal and written - MCITP 2008 or MCSE 2003. - Excellentunderstand of Active directory and Microsoft InfrastructureTechnology. - Good understand of Tenders procedures anddocumentations. - Good understanding of Microsoft and desktopapplications, PC hardware and peripherals, PC operating systems andapplication software - Familiarity with LAN network protocols andclient-server business applications - Good understanding ofMicrosoft active directory delegated domain administration. -Ability to systematically troubleshoot complexproblems
calendar_today9 hours ago
location_onAl Ain, United Arab Emirates
work United Arab Emirates University