Senior Planning Engineer (BB-E71A2)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
Job Role: Senior PlanningEngineer
Plan, directs and Prepares planning,scheduling and monitoring activities for the assigned projects andmonitor the performance of the Consultants and Contractors on theCapital Projects to support the project objectives and ensuretimely completion.
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering.
Minimum Experience &Knowledge & Skills
- 8 years of experience, including at least 5years of experience as Planning Engineer performing Planning,scheduling / Project Controls activities in the Oil, Gas orPetrochemical industry.
- Goodanalytical, planning, organisation and reporting skills.
- Capable of using primavera software, MS Project softwareetc…
- Ability to produceLevel -3 schedules, Manpower histograms, Gantt chart, S-curves withminimum guidance and supervision.
- Plans, supervises and coordinates all Technical planning& scheduling activities in the assigned area to meetfunctional objectives.
- Provides input forpreparation of the budgets for Capital Projects and assist in theimplementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliverDepartment objectives. Investigate and highlight any significantvariances to support effective performance and costcontrol.
- Prepares summary schedules for allnew projects based on alternative execution strategies tofacilitate Management decision with regard to the most effectiveexecution strategy.
- Coordinates and assists inProject specific Planning & Scheduling, ProgressMeasurement, Progress Reporting and other project controlrequirements and to incorporate them into the respective Tenders /Agreements for various projects (FEED, PMC, EPC).
- Participates in the Technical / Resources Evaluation oftechnical bids received from Consultants/Contractors with a view toascertain compliance to the specified requirements, contribute forassessing the adequacy of the resource requirements and preparerelevant portion of the Technical Evaluation Report and incorporateall bulletins issued and clarifications received during the tenderstage.
- Analyses all submittals fromContractors/Consultants during implementation stage relating toPlanning, Scheduling, Progress Measurement, Reporting, ScheduleRisk Analysis, Productivity etc. in line with the Agreementrequirements, Project priorities, Plant Shutdown requirements etc.Monitoring & Controlling.
- Develops /maintains / updates Databank update Projects Dashboard regularly toensure historical information.
- Verifiesmonthly progress claimed by the Consultants/Contractors for paymentpurposes.
- Monitors the reported progress andschedule status, identifies the Areas of concern impacting theproject completion schedule for corrective actions.
- Participates in the review of resource deployment byContractors/Consultants to ensure adequacy for meeting thecompletion schedules and propose recommendations whenrequired.
- Participates in evaluating Variationrequests / Claims for extension of project schedules made byContractors and prepare appropriate recommendations.
- Reviews the Schedule Risk Analysis along with themitigation measures identified by the Consultants/Contractors andto ensure timely implementation of all agreed migrationmeasures.
- Provides input for preparation ofthe Department budgets and assist in the implementation of theapproved Budget and work plans to deliver Sectionobjectives.
- Investigates and highlight anysignificant variances to support effective performance and costcontrol.
- Implements approved Section policies,processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to supportexecution of the Section s work programs in line with Company andInternational standards.
- Comply with allapplicable legislation and legal regulations.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved PerformanceManagement Objectives for the Section in line with the CompanyPerformance framework.
- Promotes for theinnovation and continuous improvement through process design andimplement new tools and techniques to improve the quality andefficiency of operational processes.
- Identifyimprovements in internal processes against best practices inpursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in orderto define intelligent solutions for issues confronting thefunction
- Comply and adhere with relevant HSEpolicies, procedures & controls and applicable legislationand sustainability guidelines in line with international standards,best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
calendar_today2 days ago
location_onAbu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
work Horizon International Recruitment Services