CONTRACTS NEGOTIATOR (BB-3CB33)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
Job Role: CONTRACTS NEGOTIATOR
Overall Purpose of theRole
To review, negotiate andprovide general support in relation to commercial contracts for theEmerson Automation Solutions platform within the Middle East andAfrica region. The role will require the Contracts Negotiator toprovide analysis through the usage of a commonsense approach as tohow Emerson applies our policies to specific contracts.
What will be my responsibilities in thisrole?
- To providecontracts-related services and guidance in compliance withapplicable policies and legal and ethical standards
- To review and amend contracts (ability to analyse complexcontractual terms and apply Emerson contracting principles, whilsthaving consideration for technical and businessrequirements)
- To draft agreements andtransaction documents
- To negotiate termsface-to-face with customers (e.g., ability to persuade externalcustomers to adhere to Emerson contracting principles; ability toexplain Emerson's requirements and Emerson'srationale behind those requirements)
- Types ofdocuments include (but are not limited to): requests for quotation,general and special terms and conditions, nondisclosure agreements,bank guarantees, memorandums of understanding, letters of intent,agency and distribution agreements, frame agreements, internationaland multi-business unit contracts, etc.
- Toprovide contracts training to stakeholders
- Toassist business leaders in making informed decisions and secureappropriate approvals
- Includes advising thebusiness on risks involved, how to mitigate risks and how riskscould have a practical impact on the business
- To interface with customers, members of the legal team,business personnel (sales, project management, etc.) and otherstakeholders to bring deals to closure
- Toanalyse business, financial, and legal risks
- Ability to understand and amend complex sentencestructure, use good judgement (not only with the business, but alsowith the customer - quick thinking), follow guidelines whenapplicable and use a high level of analysis in determining whethera situation is outside of Emerson guidelines and how toproceed
- To research information on existingagreements and contractual programs, assisting with analysis andcompiling data for reports
- To assist membersof the legal team with the development and implementation ofcorporate policies, precedents, contract audits, global initiativesand other additional tasks as required
- Lateralrelationships include: External Customers (including but notlimited to lawyers, customer's management team, finance,procurement, sales, etc.), Business Unit Management (including butnot limited to VPs, GMs, Directors, etc.), Law Dept., EMR RiskManagement, Finance, Customer Financial Services, Tax, Checkpoint,Audit, International Trade Compliance, Business Units, StrategicAccounts, Project Pursuit, Sales, Lifecycle Services, ProjectManagement, personnel outside of the world area, and others asrequired to bring deals to closure
- TheContracts Negotiator must have a willingness to travel from time totime to attend customer meetings and to provide face to facetraining etc.
calendar_today4 days ago
location_onAbu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
work Emerson Middle East Africa