Team Leader QC (BB-33615)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
Job Role: Team Leader QC
- Plan,develop, and monitor the Quality Control Section activitiesincluding providing technical support and advise on QA/QC and bestpractices on Industry matters associated with design, maintenance,turnaround and inspection of new and existing to support thedepartment and the division in ensuring safe and reliableoperations
- Leading Failure investigations, root cause analysis andtechnical recommendations to department manager to improveintegrity and reliability of equipment and components.
- Develop and review of standard operating procedures forMaintenance department.
- Recommend improvementsto inspection and repair methods for reducing down time.
- Plan, direct, supervise, review effective implementationof the QA/QC System in company's Turnaround and routinemaintenance works which are designed to improve Health, Safety& Environment, Operability, maintenance, process efficiencyand production increase in accordance with the latest internationaland company standards & codes of practice
- Ensure that company QA/QC requirements are fulfilled anddemonstrated during the entire Major shutdown and regular routinemaintenance activities.
- Ensure Quality Controlduring Planning and Implementing Turnaround execution through allstages from Concept Design/Engineering, Production of Tender forConstruction, and Procurement of services/materials tillcommissioning.
- Assist the Manager Planning,Scheduling and Turnaround in developing scope of work for ThirdParty Inspection Contractual Agreement and monitor theeffectiveness of Contractors’ performance.
- Identify and recommend action plans in solving operationand process problems to resolve and prevent qualityissues.
- Review, verify and endorse companyTurnaround Project Quality Plan and QA procedures and standardizerequired Inspection & Test Plan (ITP) /QA/QC Inspectionchecklist for improving QA/QC System.
- Reviewand endorse submission of the Contractors andsub-contractor’s Project Quality Progamme and verify itsimplementation in relation to their supplied products and services.Submit recommendations on supplier’s performance andcapabilities with regard to QA/QC.
- CarryoutQuality Audits and Site/Shop surveys of Manufacturers,Contractors/Consultants and Suppliers as required.
- Participate in Design Contractor’s Technicaldesign/discipline reviews of deliverables and quality systemdocumentation, Inspection/tests with acceptance criteria orcompliance to be produced by contractor in line with the statedrequirements of the company, National, International standards andother applicable requirements.
- Monitor andverify all non-conformities raised and assist Management Team intaking effective corrective actions for their closure.
- Ensure that all inspection requirements have beenfulfilled satisfactorily according to final approveddrawings/documents and supplier quality plan.
- Manage and supervise all TPI, Contractors QA/ QCEngineers and QC inspectors during Major shutdowns.
- Safeguard own Health andSafety, as well as that of the fellow employees, by payingattention to safe work practices, maintaining a safe workenvironment and complying with applicable HSErequirements.
- Take action to INTERVENE andSTOP any un-safe activity or non-compliance with HSE requirements,if witnessed, and report the incident – regardless ofyour position or that of the transgressor
- Plan and supervise the activities of thepersonnel and resources of the Section to achieve the Departmentobjectives in an efficient and cost-conscious manner while ensuringimplementation of approved operational plans for the Section inline with Department objectives.
- Develop theknowledge, competencies and innovative spirit in the Section andsupport the establishment of Personal Development Plans(PDP’s), Succession Planning and Talent pipeline withinthe Section in coordination with the Human Capability Group tocontinuously develop employees with emphasis on UAE Nationals tomeet Emiratization targets.
Budgets and OperationalPlans
- Compile andprovide input for preparation of the Department budgets andregularly monitor expenditure against approved the Section budgetlevels.
- Investigate, highlight and reconcileany significant variances to ensure effective performance and costcontrol.
Policies,Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Lead the implementation of approved Sectionpolicies, processes, systems, Quality standards, procedures andinternal controls in order to support execution of the Departmentwork programs in line with Company and Internationalstandards.
- Implementthe Company Performance Management System for individuals withinthe Section in accordance with Company approved guidelines andcontinuously monitor the achievement of the Section KPIs related tothe approved Annual Performance Management Contract and theBalanced Score Card.
Organisation Structure andDevelopment
- Review,develop and recommend the appropriate organisation structure forthe Section that will best utilise human capital while proactivelyincorporating sustainability into the on-going work practices tomeet the business objectives.
Innovation and ContinuousImprovement
- Encourageinnovation, enhance employee motivation and support initiatives forimplementation of Change Management to continuously improveoperations and services.
- Propose improvementsin internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greaterefficiency in line with ISO standards in order to defineintelligent solutions for issues confronting theSection.
- provides quality improvementinitiatives which lead to continuous efficiency, performancedevelopment.
Health,Safety, Environment (HSE) andSustainability
- Support the institution of an HSE culture and ensurecompliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures, systems& controls and applicable legislation and sustainabilityguidelines across the Section in line with international standards,best practices and company Code of Practices.
- Ensure adequate HSE training and induction for allSection employees to meet HSE standards.
Management Information Systems (MIS) andReports
- Prepare allSection MIS and progress reports to provide accurate and timelyreports and necessary information to Company Management toeffectively manage the business.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering orequivalent.
- 10 yearsof experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Control Engineeringexperience in Oil & Gas Refining, Power Plant or PetrochemIndustry with at least 5 years in QA/QC in Major Turnaroundactivities in a leadership/managerial position
- Conversant inall aspects of Inspection of material, mechanical piping works,Static & rotating equipments, Major machinery, Structural,civil works and cathodic protection.
- Conversant in all Oil & gas Industry’sapplicable International Standards such as ASME, ANSI, API, ASTM,AWS, NACE, AISC, JIS, DIN, BS, etc.
- Knowledgeof four major NDT methods (RT, UT, DPT & MPT)
- Good understanding in Oil and gas processing plantfacilities.
- Knowledge in Painting, insulationand refractory Quality Inspection requirements.
- Basic knowledge in Electrical and InstrumentationInspection requirements.
- Good knowledge ofspoken and written English.
- Good interpersonaland people management skill.
- Goodcommunication and coordination skill.
- Teamplayer with collaborative skill.
- TechnicalReport Writing
- Certified as LEAD QMS Auditor by IRCA and at leastconducted 10 Third Party QMS certification audit as a Lead Auditorby an IRCA accredited certifying body.
- Certified by any accepted International accreditedPiping/Welding Inspection Agency, NDT, Quality Assurance Agency(Such as AI, AWS, CSWIP, NACE and API) or any other accepted QA/QCInspection Organization.
calendar_today10 hours ago
location_onAbu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
work OilExec International