Senior Laboratory Instructor - Anatomy Labs (BB-89524)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
Job Role: Senior LaboratoryInstructor - Anatomy Labs
The role requiresindividuals to undertake duties that require considerable technicalknowledge and ability in the assigned field of specialization. Theincumbent is expected to exercise independent judgement in theperformance of duties and will be responsible for ensuring a safeworking environment, supervising staff and students in thelaboratory or classroom environments, maintain adequate stocks ofall laboratory supplies, ensure that equipment are in working orderand adequate records.
- Ensure a safe working laboratory environment at TheUniversity.
- Support the delivery of teachingand learning (T&L) activities of the CMHS.
- Support the research and development (R&D)activities of the university.
- Prepare classdemonstrations and experiments working from knowledge of thesubject area, reference materials, course outline, and withoutspecific instructions.
- Ensure thatinventories, orders, receives, and stocks materials, supplies, andequipment for laboratory use are maintained.
- Issues and maintains records on materials loaned tostudents and staff.
- Demonstrates and providesinstruction to students in proper use and care of laboratorymaterials and equipment; assists in maintaining security oflaboratories, laboratory equipment, supplies, andmaterials
- Prepares and dispenses solutions andchemical materials used for lab classes which may include reagents,chemicals, acids, bases, buffers, stains, and unknowns.
- Prepares stains, solutions, and preservatives by mixing,bottling, and labelling.
- Orders, receives, andprovides care for live laboratory specimens and storage ofpreserved specimens including human cadavers.
- Cleans up after each laboratory session by washing, andif necessary, sterilizing tools, equipment, andsupplies.
- Will be required to calibrate,maintain, and perform repairs on scientific equipment andsupplies.
- Will be required to assist facultyin assembling printed class materials.
- Will berequired to maintain expenditure records and provide data forbudget estimates.
- Monitors production of,collects, and processes hazardous waste materials and toxicchemicals resulting from lab classes, collects and properly storesbiohazard waste.
- Adhere to theUniversity's information security and confidentialitypolicies and procedures, and report breaches or other securityrisks accordingly.
- Coordinate with otherdepartments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks andresponsibilities, as and when needed.
- Performany other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
- Providecoaching, guidance and mentoring to students and some externalstakeholders (e.g. standardized patients) as well as staff, asdirected, to enhance the internal capabilities of the team andensure the achievement of established objectives andplans.
- Recommend appropriate training coursesas per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate theireffectiveness, and monitor their results.
- A minimum of aMaster’s degree in a related field (e.g. biomedicalscience) or equivalent combination of education/experience in thedesignated field of specialty for this position.
- First aid certificate is mandatory. This can be completedupon taking up this role.
This role requires at least2-years of related experience in a field of biomedical science orspecializing in the nominated discipline for this role. Thesuccessful applicant must also have the followingexperience:
- Be accomplished in usingMicrosoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows Media,etc.) and have the ability to troubleshoot basic hardware/softwareissues. Experience with statistical software package (i.e. SPSS)would be an advantage.
- Worked in a team -works collaboratively with others to maximize individual and teameffectiveness in order to achieve required servicelevels.
- Excellent organizational skills andthe ability to demonstrate initiative.
- Goodwritten and verbal communication and reportingcapability.
- Learns quickly and respondseffectively to changing operational needs andcircumstances.
- Solving every-day student andstaff issues by quickly identifying possible corrective measuresand recommending/ selecting the best solution.
The following attributes will be consideredadvantageous:
- Experience with healthrelated learning technology and/or simulation.
- Experience in a clinical environment.
- Customer focused and excellent interpersonalskills.
calendar_today2 days ago
location_onAbu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates