Compliance Officer (BB-E12C5)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
Job Role: ComplianceOfficer
- Maintain ongoing awareness/knowledge of allregulations set by the Central Bank of the UAE and interpret thesame to the relevant units within the organization to ensureadherence.
- Support the team &Compliance Manager during the day-to-day operations of the unit,ensuring compliance to Regulatory requirements andMashreq's AML/KYC policies and procedures.
- Support the Compliance Manager in Assist business areasto achieve their business goals while adequately addressingCompliance-related issues so that the Bank is not overexposed toregulatory, reputational or other risks.
- Extend support to business units by providing compliantand workable solutions to regulatory requirements and intervenewherever necessary to stop a transaction/process/businessproposal.
- The role of the Compliance Officeris to assist the Compliance Manager in pro-actively and promptlyescalating any critical issues to ensure that the Bank is notinvestigated, charged, fined or publicly castigated by either UAECENTRAL BANK or any other regulatory authority.
- Support the Compliance Manager in the implementation ofCompliance initiatives in RBG & CIBG- as may be determined/ guided by HO-Compliance from time-to-time.
Key Result Areas
- Maintain ongoing awareness/current knowledgeof all applicable internal/external compliance requirements andexisting/emerging legal/statutory/regulatory environment -identifying any issues that could impact the bank.
- Assist the Senior Manager Compliance in ensuringBank's internal procedures/policies remain compliant withregulations/changes and providing support to the relevantstakeholders as and when necessary.
- Maintain apro-active relationship with business, facilitating timelyinvolvement to ensure compliant/workable solutions to businessissues.
- Assist the Senior Manager Complianceto develop/maintain/update the KYC/AML Policy, as and whenrequired/requested.
- Assist the Senior ManagerCompliance to develop and impart Compliance, KYC and Sanctionsrelated training programs (in conjunction with MLS) to all businessgroup staff on an ongoing basis and as and when requested/necessary(including new staff within 3 months of joining) to raise awarenessand ensure all staff understand theirresponsibilities/obligations.
- Provide supportfor the enhanced due diligence process followed on businessesclassified as high risk prior to account opening/credit proposalsand provide decisions according.
- Reviewproposals on high risk relationships especially cases that areescalated to Senior Management/ Business Group Head and ensure thatall risks are appropriately highlighted for sign-off.
- Manage the timely updated in the eNameChecker/Referrallists
- Review the eNameChecker referrals frombranches/enabling functions/operation and provide Compliancefeedback in accordance with the bank policies/ respectiveregulations
- Providing support to other compliance staff members intheir respective areas as and when required.
- Assist the senior Manager Compliance in garnering astrong compliance driven culture/environment within BusinessGroups/ Divisions.
- Provide support to SeniorManager Compliance in creation of reports/MIS/MERs on issues ofCompliance/AML and ensure that same are submitted in a timelymanner to HO-Compliance.
- Support the team& Compliance Manger to create the Regulatory Reports foraccuracy and assist to ensure that the same are submitted to theRegulators in a timely manner after being vetted by the SeniorManager Compliance.
- Assist the Senior ManagerCompliance in providing seamless support to the relevant regulators- any critical issues to be promptly escalated.
- Support the implementation of Customer Screening throughWorld-Check & other Negative Lists provided by HO/ relevantregulators across all business segments in businessgroup.
- Assist in the compliance relatedprojects/UATs as and when required and ensure that they aresuccessfully completed within the required time frame.
Knowledge, Skills andExperience
- Around 3-4years of experience in banking and / or relevant fields, e.g. law,commerce, risk etc. A strong sales/operational background wouldalso be very useful.
- Professionalqualification in business / commerce / economics / law.
- Basic understanding of international banking law /practice and products / services.
- Generaloverview/knowledge / experience related to compliance / AML /Central Bank regulations.Ability to plan/organize
- Commitment to results
calendar_today5 days ago
location_onAbu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
work Mashreq Bank