Head Of Engineering Technology (BB-999E9)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
What You'llDo: Lead the software development,delivery, and maintenance for a new digital platform, driving thetechnology strategy, technical design and implementation offull-fledged multichannel and scalable technology platform fromscratch. The candidate should be a strong leader with a successmentality and a leader by example, a hands on executive who keepsup to date with latest technology trends and make mature decisionson choosing proper technology decisions and frameworks to get thejob perfectly done, and have the responsibility to hire the rightengineering team.
- Lead the softwaredevelopment activities of multiple squads and own thedelivery.
- Work closely with the product andbusiness teams to develop roadmaps, timelines andmilestones.
- Ensure proper approaches andprocesses are in place, up-to-date and well communicated formaximum productivity.
- Good understanding ofbudget management & deliver results vs. budget.
- Manage the technical infrastructure, architecture anddevelopment of the company's platform and multiple clientapps.
- Improve quality of project deliverythrough implementation of development and testing plans.
- Contribute hands-on to development and code reviews asnecessary.
- Resolve bottlenecks and conflictsbetween team members.
- Participate inrecruitment and team building.
- Elevateanalytics and data based decisions to ensure that team productivityas well as software platforms respond dynamically to businessneeds.
- Present to the management thedeliverables, platform features, feasibility studies andimprovement plans.
- Improve team operationsthrough developing KPIs.
- Bachelor's or Master's in ComputerScience / Engineering with over 10 years of experience softwareengineering and at least 4 years in an Engineering leadershipposition.
- Excellent knowledge in Architectureand Design from solution and software perspectives.
- Excellent understanding of DevOps and/or Site ReliabilityEngineering, as well as Continuous Integration and ContinuousDeployment concepts.
- Extensive experience inteam leadership, including remote team management.
- Excellent understanding of software developmentlifecycle, hands-on experience with several technologies andplatforms in Mobile, Backend, and Web.
- Goodgrasp of agile software development processes andmethodologies.
- Good understanding of planning,estimation, resource allocation and utilization.
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors and ensuringthat these engagements are set up from the outset tosucceed.
- Great leadership and communicationskills.
- Process awareness with excellentprioritization.
- Good understanding oftradeoffs and their effects to the business andcustomer.
- Budget management experienceincluding budgetary and planning responsibilities within technologywork streams.
- Good understanding of DataEngineering, Data Science, and Big Data.
calendar_today11 hours ago
location_onDubai, United Arab Emirates
work MENA Energy