Finance Manager (BB-5B53F)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
Job Role: Finance Manager
Purpose of the job:
The Finance Manageris responsible for managing all day-to-day Finance mattersinclusive accounting, treasury, business control, internal controland other finance day-to-day activities for the Mirfa Project. TheFinance Manager assists the Chief Financial Officer in variousProject Finance and Corporate Governance matters. The positioncovers Owner and O&M dimensions of the project.
Scope of the job:
- Entities: MIPCO(main entity), M Power O&M Power Company, Mirfa SharedFacilities Company
- Accounting: ensuring properdevelopment and maintenance of the Company’s accountingand reporting systems, smooth closing process, compliance with IFRSrules in line with shareholders’ respective accountingpolicies. Ensuring that all accounting and other relatedadministrative records of the Companies are maintained properly.Produce periodical valuation of the Company’s inventoriesin compliance with International Accounting Standards and CompanyPolicies.
- Business Control: timely andaccurately producing reports for management, lenders, shareholdersand authorities on a periodical basis, with production of varianceanalyses on a monthly basis. Production of periodical financialstatements. Liaise with auditors. Participate actively into theproduction of the Budget of the Company by interacting with thedifferent departments. Involvement in the procurementprocess.
- Internal Control: defining andimplementing set of Finance Policies & Procedures.Developing adequate Internal Control environment and ensuringcompliance with Company’s set of Policies and Procedures.Continuous improvement of MIPCO IT systems.
- Treasury: cash management, payments, cash projections,monthly drawdown in compliance with Finance Documents. Bankday-to-day management.
- Other ad hoc tasks onrequest of Chief Financial Officer
Health, Safety, Environmental & QualityManagement:
- Committed to ensuring asafe working environment for colleagues and contractorstaff.
- Points out any unsafeconditions or unsafe act to the HSE SecurityOfficer.
- Contributes to theachievement of safety and environmental objectives by providingleadership in the areas of safe working practices andhousekeeping.
- Emergency planning andpreparation;
- Cleanliness and safetyof operational areas;
Financialobjectives and KPI’s:
- Ensuring that requirements of Company Law and other localdirectives and regulations are being fulfilled
- Ensuring the compliance of the Companies withshareholders’ Finance and Accounting policies andreporting requirements.
- Ensuringcompliance with Company’s internal rules andguidelines.
- Timely reporting tomanagement, shareholders and authorities on periodical basis,including variance analyses on monthly basis.
- Finalizing quarterly (when applicable), half-yearly andyearly financial statements of the companies and workings /schedules relating to financial statements.
- Supervising the work carried out by staff of AccountingDepartment and Reporting Manager (when applicable). Checking andreviewing accounting record for accuracy andcompleteness.
- Ensuring thataccounting and other related administrative records of the Companyis maintained properly.
- Timelysubmission of VAT and other Tax filings andpayments
- Being accountable for theset-up and update of the forecasting model, including monthlyrolling forecast, Budget and Medium-Termplans.
- Being accountable for theTeam Management (incl. skills development, training,supervision).
- Treasury management:cash projections, financing requirements (drawdown requestpreparation, working capital facility drawdown), loan repayments,deposits, …
- Contributingactively to the improvement of the processes and organization ofthe work.
- Ensuring propermaintenance and development of Company’s accounting andreporting systems.
- Supporting theChief Financial Officer on all Finance, Corporate Governance andother ad hoc matters.
- Respect oftimelines.
- Challenge operations forall matters impacting Finance aspects.
- Anticipate and quantify (simulations). Advice ExecutiveManagement.
- Being accountable forcash management and short-term cash flowforecast.
- Prepare annual Budget,forecast and long-term planning.
Monitor and report:
- Beinginformed about Operations, Administration, legal and CorporateGovernance evolution.
- Beingaccountable for the Financial reporting to the Executive Managementand to shareholders Finance organizations.
- Monitoring the Financial / Fiscal risks of theBusiness.
- Responsible for variousaudits of the companies and to liaise with auditors and theInternal Control Officer.
- Compliance with all relevant applicable laws,Directives and project documents;
- Compliance with the appropriate corporate Policies andProcedures; and,
- Compliance withcorporate internal controls.
- Directs, controls, guides, coaches anddevelops the subordinates and staff in the department to ensurethat they are motivated and trained to carry out theirresponsibilities to the required standard.
- Transfer, recruitment, training and development of theO&M staff;
- Emiratizationspecifically the development of Emiratis withinO&M;
- Performance managementand appraisal
Outcome, Results and Key Performance Indicators:
- Compliance with IFRS andShareholders’ Accounting Policies
- Production of timely and accurate managerial reports andstatements.
- Implementation andcontinuous improvements of management systems, policies andprocedures (internal control)
- Compliance to policies and procedures, internal controland ethics
- Positive attitude, workingin autonomy, decision-maker, focus on results
- Achieve/maintain ISO 9001
- Graduate degree in economics, accounting,finance, business administration orequivalent.
- Qualified Accountantfrom an internationally recognized institution (ACCA,…)
- Any complementaryqualification is a plus.
- Strong accountingbackground: accounting standards (IFRS), systems,controls
- Excellent aptitudes inBusiness Control: reporting, planning
- Treasury concepts: cash management, cash flowprojections
- Knowledge of UAE or MEworking practices: vat, custom duties…
- Good understanding ofProject Finance concepts (Facilities, covenants,…)
- IWPP sector: keycontractual arrangements, power plant basic technicalunderstanding
- Proficient inMicrosoft Excel (Financial modelling), PowerPoint anddatabases.
- Fluent in English.Knowledge of Arabic is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and analyticalskills
- Excellent verbal and writtencommunication.
- Self-directing,ability to coordinate and direct others.Problem-solving
- Systems / Procedures/ Controls driven mindset
- Able tomanage a team within tight deadlines, heavy workload and ability todeliver.
- Able and willing to workefficiently in a global, culturally diverse and changingenvironment.
- Minimum 8 yearsof experience in finance, accounting and/or controlling, in anequivalent position. Experience as Audit Manager is aplus.
- Understanding and experiencein the Power Sector
- Understanding ashareholder environment / organization is a plus
- Good command of theEnglish language.
- Excellent verbaland written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management andemployees.
- Strong analyticalskills.
- A good listener with theability to provide constructive feedback.
- Fair and consistent in dealing withpeople.
- Works collaboratively withcolleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Generates ideas and solutions to overcome problems andimprove performance
- Buildsrelationships with key stakeholders
- Promotes team working with colleagues to maximizeperformance
- Identifies and developstalent within the team
- Clear andconfident communicator
- Commitment todelivering results
calendar_today2 days ago
location_onAbu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
work Mirfa International Power & Water Company(MIPCO)