Teaching Assistant (BB-AC21F)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
A Teaching Assistant provides support to the classroomteacher(s) to whom they are assigned. These professionals reinforcelessons by working with individuals or small groups. Their dutiesinclude assisting the classroom teacher in creating lesson plans,documenting progress, implementing lessons, managing studentbehavior, and enhancing a positive and productive learningenvironment. Teacher assistants must be flexible and adjust to theneeds of a growing school, actively contributing to its developmentand growth.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIESClassroom:
- Prepare classroom asrequested by the classroom teacher.
- Workcollaboratively with the teacher to ensure the learning environmentis engaging for the students.
- Meet and greetthe children in the morning with the teacher.
- Accompany students to assemblies and reinforce positivebehavioral expectations.
- Ensure learningmaterials and supplies are in place in accordance with the lessonplans.
- Ensure learning materials are returnedto their proper place after completion of all lessons.
- Assist children individually and in groups as assigned bythe classroom teacher.
- Ensure classroom ismaintained in a neat and tidy manner conducive tolearning.
- Assist classroom teacher inmaintaining records as assigned, such as attendance and recordkeeping.
- Role model good practice.
- Assist the classroom teacher in planning appropriately tomeet the needs of all pupils, through differentiation oftasks.
- Supervise children in assemblies, outdoorarea, in canteen, in hallways, and on field trips.
- Support physical education teacher (if requested) duringphysical education periods.
- Ensure studentsmaintain a clean and tidy environment ready for use for otherstudents.
- Always enforce safety, such asenforcing rules like no running in hallways, no pushing or shoving,etc.
- To assist in wholeschool marketing initiatives and contribute to the growth of theschool.
- All staff are required to manageeffective personal development as part of the school’scommitment to invest in staff as the key resource in theorganization.
- Everyone must ensure that theymeet their statutory responsibilities and school policies regardingHealth and Safety, Equal Opportunities and other relevantlegislation.
- Any other appropriate duties asassigned by the Principal.
- To promote andadhere to the school’ s Vision, Mission andValues.
- To organize annual Reading events andcontests for the school.
- To organize afterschool activities throughout the year emphasizing readingactivities.
calendar_today3 hours ago
location_onAbu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
work Pinnacle American School