Student Affairs Expert (BB-DFBE4)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
Job Role: Student Affairs Expert
Principle Duties andResponsibilities
- Toguide the Student Support Unit to support, hold accountable anddevelop a team of tutors focusing on high standards of social,personal and academic development of students.
- To support the Student Support Unit to implement a newtutor program.
Generalresponsibilities: The post holder will beresponsible for:
- developing,coordinating, and implementing strategies with the cluster ofschools to improve student attendance and attainment, making surethat the school meets all its attendance and punctuality targetsand requirements
- Ensure the student supportunit in each school is providing effective welfare support andguidance to learners, monitoring students at risk of disengaging inlearning and ensuring that effective intervention strategies are inplace to keep students on track.
- Co-ordinatestrategies to build positive relationships with 'hard toengage' parents across the cluster of schools
- Assist with activities to assess and support studentengagement
- Ensure a timely and effective'at risk' referral system is in place for yourcluster, in line with the
- Provide advice and guidance to the studentsupport unit on welfare issues, the disciplinary policy and the'at risk of disengaging' procedure
- Maintain close links with specialist external agenciesand develop effective referral systems
- Attendexternal meetings, training and events on behalf of the Ministryregarding welfare, safeguarding and mental health, liaisingeffectively with outside agencies where and when necessary andguided to
- To have an overview of the range ofbarriers to learning that impacting on student progress, withreference to behavior for learning, in and out of theclassroom
- To use all of the above to identifyunderachievement with a view to establishing and coordinatingimprovement strategies in conjunction with the student support unitand Principals.
- To monitor the effectivenessof these interventions and report to Project Manager termly on theprogress being made by the student support unit.
Keytargets This post has key targets that arerequired for the success of this post. These targets will be setand agreed annually, normally prior to the start of the academicyear. Targets will be process monitored and updated on a termlybasis The following is a list of areas for which targets will beset, whilst this list covers key areas it is not exclusive and islikely to change in line with external and internalstrategies:
- Referral levels
- Behavior in school
- School/agency/partner satisfaction levels
- Service standards
- Efficiency of the student supportunit in each school
Requirements of the Student SupportExpert
- GoodAdministrative skills
- Excellent communicator
- Experience of developing, implementing, monitoring andevaluating program
- Experience of supervisingstaff and creating learning and development plans
- Proven track record of success as an outstandingteacher/trainer
- Experience of monitoringperformance and intervention strategies to raiseperformance
- Minimum of 3-year experience in awelfare role or similar
- Experience of casework and appropriate record keeping
- Experience in an educationalsetting
- Experience of working in theGCC
- Teaching or training experience
- UAEtransferable driving license
- Bachelor's degree in Guidance Counselling,Learning Support or
- Similar healthprofession
- Master's DegreeDesirable.
- Excellent oral and written English essential.
calendar_today5 days ago
location_onAbu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
work Chase Resourcing