LEAD PROCESS CONTROL AND OPERATIONS AUTOMATION ENGINEER (ORMAC SPECIALIST) (BB-AE0AB)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
Job Role: LEAD PROCESS CONTROL ANDOPERATIONS AUTOMATION ENGINEER (OR MAC SPECIALIST)
- Internalto organization: Reporting to Engineering Manager
- External to organization: None
Prime Responsibilities:(Main Automation Contractor) MACSpecialist
Shared cross-functionally:Interfaceengineering with Instrumentation, Process, Electrical, Rotary andCommissioning/ operations.
Scope ofdeliverables / Activities :
- Reviewthe MAC specifications, suggest/ recommend improvements on schemesto meet the Company requirement of a fully automated plantoperation on single push button.
- ReviewRequisitions, offers from MAC vendors and bring out the gaps inspecifications, offer in meeting customer requirements andhighlight area which could lead to change orders / potential riskof delay and implementation issues (particularly on interface tomeet fully automated plant and in various softwaresolutions).
- Shall have a thorough knowledge onvarious Maintenance and operation solution software likePerformance monitoring System, Maintenance management system, Assetmanagement system for instruments as well as equipment includingrotary and static equipment.
- Shall be able tosuggest various performance parameters for operation/ efficiency/maintenance of all the equipment in the project, which need to beconfigured into the software solution, for auto generation of workorders through SAP.
- Study PFD / P&IDand suggest/ recommend changes to meet the total automationrequirements. Provide sequence for all modes of operation /recommend improvements in operating sequences based on pastexperience, to provide as input to MAC vendor to achieve variousAutomation Modes (Full automation / Partial Automation / Manualoperation mode). Also identify all the instruments, controls,equipment and other services to be associated or dis-associatedduring these modes along with reasons/ justifications.
- Recommend list of KPIs that could be configured in theAsset Management System, based on past Operation experience forproposing to Company.
- Recommend/ suggestcheckpoints to verify/ ensure interfaces with packages, Telecom /CCTV / Security system from operational perspective towardsoperator less total Automated operation of the plant.
- Identify and list down various risks or limitations to bebrainstormed, that could form potential threat to meet the fullautomation of the plant from production as well as safety aspects.And suggest alternative solutions.
- Participatein workshops with Company to propose/ suggest various options tomeet Operator less automation of the plant.
- Participate in various discussions within Project teamwith other functional departments (Process/ electrical/Equipment/package) to work out various solutions to meet the automationrequirements.
- Participate along with Projectteam, MAC vendors in Pre-order discussion with Company.
- Shall have a thorough knowledge and experience in drivingall the other functional interface departments, equipment,packages, assets etc (Process control, Multiphase pumps, Instrumentair compressor, water injection pumps, Operation of choke valves,wellhead control panel, leak detection system etc) in achieving thefull automation.
- Thorough knowledge onmaintenance aspects of all the instrument items for feeding inputand review the proposed solutions from MAC vendor.
Key competencies –Functional
Need to Have:
Shall possessexperience in following areas:
- Thorough knowledge on various Instrumentation, control,automation, critical equipment and instrument items in upstreamonshore oil and gas plants (Choke valve, Wellhead Control Panel,Multi phase flowmeter, Multi port valves etc)
- Operational knowledge of upstream oil and gas plants.(onshore oil and gas plants containing Producer/Injection wells,flowlines, flowmeters, manifolds, separators, and relatedinstrumentation, controls, equipment etc)
- Exposure to various System automation software related toProduction Management (Hydrocarbon Accounting), PerformanceMonitoring System, OTS, APC, Asset Monitoring / Asset PerformanceMonitoring System for instruments and equipment, Alarm ManagementSystem, Plant Information Management System, Network security /Cyber security, Corrosion Management System,
- Experience in preparing/ reviewing Cause and Effectdiagrams, Control and Safeguarding system philosophy, andnarratives and exposure to Basic and Advance Process Controldesign
- Exposure to Process Control Conceptsand design
- Experience of working/ designinvolvement in at least one plant with full automation of theprocess and operation involving onshore upstream wellhead toseparator.
- In-depth knowledge of basicprocess, operations and control system design documents (viz. PFD,P&ID, Control and safeguarding narratives, Cause &Effect Diagrams, Safeguarding memorandum, operating instructions/manual, pre-commissioning / commissioning procedures, etc) is must.Should atleast have completed 3 project execution cycles as processcontrol engineer / Operations expert
- Education:Graduate / Post Graduate in Chemicalor Instrumentation Engineering (with process controlbackground)
- Professional Experience:Totalexperience of 15+ years. Minimum 8 ~ 10 years of experience in thearea of process control / Operations for Upstream Oil & Gasprojects execution. Experience with operating company for ProcessControl, operations, Automation and optimization.
calendar_today4 days ago
location_onAbu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
work Oiltek Trading