Senior Specialist Rotating (BB-A0DCD)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
Job Role: Senior SpecialistRotating
- Acts as Ultimate technical authority in RotatingEquipment Design, Engineering and Selection responsible forassuring that design is optimum, HSE compliant and meetsoperational requirements.
- Acts as thetechnical Advisor in the field of Rotating Equipment and providesnecessary guidance/advice to the various Asset Teams within EMPDand other divisions.
- Acts as the technicaladvisor to EMPD Management on the development of corporateguidelines that involves the Rotating Equipment inputfor piping,pipelines, static equipment and process packages, includingissuessuch as advice on technical queries through differentprojects phases up to commissioning and also troubleshooting duringoperation.
- Acts as the technical authority inRotating Equipment discipline. This includes approval of alltechnical deviations as raised by either Project teams or Forums ,approval of various Reviews Closed out Reports such as HAZOP,HAZID, 3-D Model Review, Value Engineering, Peer Technical Reviews(PTRs)
- Leads/Participates in various designreviews including Hazop/ HAZID, 3-D Model Review, Value Engineeringand Peer Technical Reviews in the different phases of the project(Concept/FEED/EPC) to ensure the technical soundness of MechanicalDesign.
- Leads/Participates in various taskforce/committees such as development of field development plans,trouble shooting in the existing plants or development ofguidelines related to certain new technologies.
- Encourages knowledge transfer and sharing of know-how andgood practice amongst the engineering and operation teams andacross the company. Acts as Forum Facilitator/Secretary so as topromote Knowledge Sharing amongst the various Engineers within thecompany.
- Participates/Leads and directs thepreparation and presentation of Screening/Option Analysis (Stage-4)and Conceptual Design (Stage-6) work related to new fieldsdevelopment in all field areas, as required by thecompany's Major Projects Approval Process(MPAP).
- Initiates, directs and coordinates thestandardization of Rotating Equipment, including design basis,specifications, selection and philosophies. Ensures correct andconsistent design practices (such as codes and standards,specifications and philosophies) are applied across variousprojects in different fields.
- Keeps abreast,of relevant advanced development technologies in RotatingEquipment. This includes participating, attending and representingthe Company in conferences, seminars, Society of Engineers, andtrade shows to identify new methodologies and technologies ofinterest to the Company. Adopts new technology applications in costeffective integrated manner to promote business efficiency.Initiates, directs, support the implementation, monitors andevaluates new technology issues related to company'sbusiness needs.
- Participates in the ongoingtraining and development of UAE national employees assigned to him.Includes assessing training and development needs, directing thepreparations of structured familiarization / development programs,monitoring progress and counseling employees asrequired.
- Ensures effective implementation ofCompany's Health, Safety and Environmental Policy in allareas of work under his / her control and taking corrective actionswhen necessary.
- Carries out other similar orrelated duties such as researching technical information, liaisingwith counterparts in the company, other groups and shareholders,preparing activity reports and presentations, carrying outindependent investigation into technical matters asassigned.
- B.Sc.Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 15 Years ofMechanical Engineering Design experience of which 10 Years shouldbe in a senior engineer position in the oil and gasindustry.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication, reporting , presentation andfacilitation skills.
calendar_today4 days ago
location_onAbu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
work OilExec International