Senior Architectural Technical Writer (BB-776FC)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
Job Role: Senior Architectural TechnicalWriter
Job Responsibilities forSenior Architectural Technical Writer
- Coordinate technical annotations onmiscellaneous details, finishes, wall sections and advise thedesign team of workable systems.
- Developmaster specifications including compliance with LEED'sadministrative and sustainable product requirements, in addition toother local and regional green building requirements.
- Research, recommend and specify products based on a deepunderstanding of local and regional construction materials andtechnology.
- Selection of materials to ensurespecified building systems are appropriate including equivalentproducts and manufacturers.
- Maintain andregularly update building product database by conducting productresearch as to determine quality and availability of materialswithin the region.
- Review and quality controlof construction documents, drawings and other technicalresources.
- Review/study of building materialsfor determining suitability with principal regard to function,environmental exposure, fire and life safety, and statutory/coderequirements.
- Work with project teams todevelop documents and mentor staff on technical issues for bothproject and specification related issues.
- Contact manufacturers to help update the library ofmaterials.
- Prepare vendor lists particular toeach country within the GCC and MENA region.
Job Requirements for Senior ArchitecturalTechnical Writer
- Musthave Specification Writing
- Degree from awell-recognised university or institute in Architecture,Architectural Science, Architectural Technology orequivalent.
- 15+ years specification writingexperience, with at least 5 of those spent in the GCC and MENAregion using NBS tools or equivalent international European andBritish formats and master office resources.
- Previous specification writing experience with a largeArchitectural/Engineering firm, preferably in the MENA region, isvery desirable.
- Specification writingawareness and proficiency in Qatar Construction Specifications QCS2014 format, and the ability to amend and update QCS to meetproject particulars.
- Proficiency in NBSBuilding and ability to create an inherent Office StandardSpecification.
- Expertise in handling CSI"construction specification institute" Masterformat specifications, including awareness of different MasterFormat versions.
- Thoughtful familiarity withE-Specs.
- Ability to edit specifications in atargeted technical manner to comply with design requirementswithout merely specifying systems as a basis-of-design. Capabilityin generating detailed technical specifications without merelymentioning manufacturers' names and references.
- Excellent working knowledge of building materials andconstruction technology.
- Good workingknowledge of current contract law as it applies toconstruction.
- Good computer skills with MSOffice software suite.
- Registered member of arelevant professional body (RIBA/NBS, CSI, BSI, CIPSetc.).
- High proficiency in Englishlanguage.
calendar_today2 hours ago
location_onAbu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
work Chase Resourcing