Medical Laboratory Technician (BB-8C420)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
Job Role: Medical LaboratoryTechnician
We are seeking for qualifiedindividual for the position of Medical LaboratoryTechnicien.
Laboratory Technologists have a critical role in thesuccessful execution and implementation of the Quality ManagementSystem (QMS) in all phases of the pre-analytical, analytical andpost-analytical laboratory processes. Within their specificdepartment, each Laboratory Technologist ensures quality specimensfor laboratory testing. They follow all Standard OperatingProcedures (SOPs) in order to produce timely and accurate data forpatients, QC results, and Proficiency Testing (PT) results.
- Receive and prepare specimens for testing
- Prepares and/or reconstitutes control materials andreagents
- Use appropriate sterilization ordecontamination techniques
- Ensure adequateinventory
- Assemble and distribute specimencollection and shipping kits following regulations coveringshipment of biological and/or hazardous materials; maintain recordsof distributed supplies.
- Perform and documentroutine maintenance according to manufacturer’sguidelines and NRL’s procedures. Document all actions andtake corrective measures when necessary.
- Perform quality control analysis and proficiency testingaccording to defined procedures.
- Perform, without deviation, all analyses and resultreporting according to the associated SOPs.
- Ensure that all regulatory agency guidelines are metincluding those mandated by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA), theHealth Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD), the College ofAmerican Pathologists (CAP), the International Organization forStandardization (ISO) 15189:2012, the Joint Commission (JCI) andother relevant accrediting bodies.
- Actively participate in continuous qualityimprovement
- Prepare specimens for shipmentfollowing local and international regulations and definedprocedures.
Knowledge, skills andexperience
- BSc degreein Medical Technology / Laboratory Technology or BiomedicalScience
- DHA practice license for Dubai, HAADlicense for Abu Dhabi.
- Minimum of three (3)years in a clinical laboratory
- Fluent inEnglish, a second language an advantage
- Advantage: Experience in a CAP accredited laboratory,working under the supervision of a Pathologist certified by theAmerican Board of Pathology
- Software skillswith knowledge of Oracle and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to exercise independent judgment with minimalsupervision;
- Skill in fine, precisemanipulation of equipment and materials;
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations includingconversions, ratios, rates and percentages;
calendar_today2 days ago
location_onAbu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
work National Reference Laboratory