CSSD Technician (BB-10FE3)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
Job Role: CSSD Technician
Overall Job Summary
The CSSDTechnician reports to the OT/CSSD/Endoscopy Department Manager.Works under the guidance of a Senior CSSD Technician/Manager withinthe frame work of his/her duties and responsibilities and beresponsible for the smooth operation of the department.
- Maintain and adhered high level of aseptic techniquespractices, disinfection, sterilisation standards andprocesses.
- To ensure efficient provision ofdecontaminated and sterile supplies for the Hospital.
- Implementing policies and procedures designed inaccordance with Accreditation Standards.
- Toensure good communication and a happy and safe workenvironment.
- Ensureappropriate housekeeping (routine and specialized housekeepingactivities) is carried out including additional maintenancecleaning as appropriate.
- Must have sterilityconscious at all time.
- To follow the StandardOperation Procedure (SOP)/Manufacturer guidelines in care andmaintenance of Steam Sterilizer, Washer Disinfector and otherequipment.
- Perform daily cleaning, Dummy Run,Bowie Dick and Biological Test for Steam Sterilizer.
- Assist and perform weekly/monthly/yearly maintenance onall equipment in CSSD.
- Performduty as assign in the decontamination area such as collecting andreceiving contaminated/used/expired items from respectivedepartment.
- Check, document, disassemblingused items and clean items by manual of mechanicaltechnique.
- Manage instrument used forinfectious cases according to the SOP.
- Performdaily cleaning of washer disinfector and weekly monitoringtest.
Packing, Sterilization andStorage
- Perform duties such asdrying, sorting, checking, assembling and packing instrument/itemreceived from Decontamination Room.
- Select theappropriate sterilization cycle for each item/load, load item intothe sterilizer according to the standard of practice.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are implemented anddocumented in regards to Sterilization procedures and testresults.
- Store sterile items in the sterilestore and distribute back to the respective department.
- Check, sterilized, supply and maintain adequate stocklevel of consumables.
Management ofthe Department
- Participate inpreparing the department for Hospital accreditation, ensuring allrelevant standards and guidelines are implemented andmaintain.
- Participate to ensure adequatemanpower, equipment, instrument and consumables are available forthe effective and efficient management of department.
- Attend to all incoming stock, checked and stored in theappropriate places and perform documentation.
- Ensure that all specified items are serviced and in goodworking order.
- Participate in day to daymanagement of the team, training and performance reviews in theabsence of the Senior Technician/Manager
- Assist in checking and supervise new staffs to ensurestandard of practices are maintained.
- Participate in providing orientation for new personnel inthe unit.
- Participate in organizing themedical environment, performs support activities in patient caresituations, including contingency operations anddisasters.
- To be familiar with the policy andprocedure manuals of the Hospital.
- Performother related duties as assigned.
- Serve onHospital committees as assigned.
- Minimum of 5years’ experience working in a sterilization environmentis desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years’experience working in an Operating Theatre environment isdesirable.
- CertifiedSterile Processing and Distribution Technician or CertifiedRegistered Central Service Technician
calendar_today5 days ago
location_onAbu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates