Clinical Educator (BB-BED81)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium AE
• Under general direction, provides clinical andeducational support to the ED Department nursing staff. Assumesprimary responsibility for the development, implementation andevaluation of orientation, education and skills training programsof staff.
• Supports clinical practice withinthe hospital
• Diagnoseslearning needs based on assessment data.
•Prioritizes identified needs, designs education to meet needs andevaluates teaching.
• Redesigns programs basedon evaluation results.
• Plans, implements andevaluates educational and clinical programs to meet the learningneeds of the ED Department nursing staff including orientation,clinical teaching and in-service. Develops and reviewsinstructional materials.
• Maintains programrecords.
• Participates in the performance andskills assessment of staff.
• Develops skillsassessment programs.
• Certifies staff inspecialized skills.
• Communicates andconsults with other health care disciplines.
•Acts as a clinical resource in area of specialty.
• Collaborates with other disciplines in providing unitspecific and hospital-wide educational programs.
• Participates in clinical committees and workinggroups.
• Acts as a clinical role model andresource for staff and nursing services in the area of expertise.Participates in educational and clinical audits.
• Participates in Quality Improvement projects as aproject leader, facilitator or team member.
•Participates in the development, communication and evaluation ofstandards, procedures and protocols.
•Participates in selected nursing research activities.
• Facilitates the education process to implement changesin clinical practice.
• Conducts educationworkshops and conference sessions for ED nursing staff.
• May present papers at conferences, and contributes torounds and workshops.
• Ensures orientation,professional development and continuing education programs aredeveloped for all ED nursing personnel.
•Ensures there are evidence-based standards, procedures andprotocols in place to direct the delivery of nursing care.
• Participates in patient education initiativesthrough review and development of instructional materials andindividual or group teaching.
• Establishesand maintains an effective working relationship and ongoingcommunications with medical staff and other department heads.
• Ensures the Department / Clinical Unit Manager isinformed of and aware of significant events and activities in thearea(s) of responsibility.
• Ensures ICML isinformed of and aware of significant events and activities in thearea(s) of responsibility and ensure collection and compilation ofall documentations, IP and other relevant information about ICMLactivities within the Department as may be required by ICML.
• Provides input to the monthly reports to beproduced by the Clinical Director to the ICML Project Manager andto ICML on the activities of the Department with particularemphasis on the activities of the ICML Staff at the Department forthe preceding month highlighting areas of success, areas ofdeficiency and forecasting possible future encumbrances includinglaying out the steps for overcoming the same with the aim ofproviding safe and efficient healthcare services
• Generally, has a duty of care to ICML and works with andworks with and cooperates fully with ICML and the ICML ProjectManager in the implementation of all aspects of the Agreementbetween ICML’s Client and ICML
•Performs other professional duties as may be assigned withinhis/her scope and ability.
• Graduate froman accredited Nursing program of a minimum duration of three (3)years
• Post Graduate qualification relevantto practice area/education (or working towards same)desirable
• ACLS certification desirable
• Evidence of continuing professionaldevelopment
• Minimum three (3) years recentexperience in nursing with at least one (1) year in area ofspecialty in clinical teaching preferably in a tertiaryhospital
• One (1) year experience in clinicalteaching
• May consider an equivalentcombination of education, training and experience
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
• Ability to understand and communicate clinicalconcepts and terms
• Effective team leader,highly organized and proactive
• Ability toencourage respect for the clinical and education role
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good oral, written and presentation skills.Ability to make presentations to groups
•Proven ability to develop, foster and maintain effective workingrelationships with others both within and outside of theorganization
• Excellent customer serviceapproach
• Fosters a participatory leadershipstyle and able to bring about change
•Demonstrated knowledge and ability in related clinical health carepractice, education and program planning, development,implementation and evaluation
• Ability toplan, prioritize and carry out projects
•Demonstrated ability to provide progressive and innovativeapproaches to service delivery and program issues
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in adynamic and high stress environment and with changing prioritiesand deadlines;
• Demonstrated ability to lead,plan, direct, manage and implement
•Demonstrated ability to be effective in an environment subject tocontinuous change
• Demonstrated ability tomanage multiple disciplines and systems in a complexenvironment
• Demonstrated effective costcontainment initiatives, with demonstrated positive results
• Demonstrated ability to provide progressive andinnovative approaches to service delivery and program issues
• Excellent investigative, analytical andproblem-solving skills
• Knowledge of HealthInformation Systems applications, tools and concepts.
• Exposure to quality projects desirable
• Demonstrated knowledge of research methodology,practices and techniques. Research participation desirable
• Experience of needs assessment
• Understanding and practical experience of serviceevaluation
• Good knowledge of MS Officeapplications including Word. Excel, PowerPoint and presentationmedia
calendar_today5 days ago
location_onDubai, United Arab Emirates