Solution Architect (12-Month Contract) (BB-88B88)
Found in: Neuvoo AE
Description:Job Requisition ID: 72250
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
The Solution Architect is responsible for owning the overall High-Level Design for any project / RFC ensuring the Non-Functional requirements are correctly captured that that the design aligns to AFG Architecture Principles, Technical Standards and Architecture governance (Solution Design Approval Forum). It is the responsibility of the SA to take any changes in the design back to the SDAF that occur during the build phase of the project lifecycle.
About the Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing solutions that meet Functional and Non-Functional requirements whilst adhering to Architecture principles and Technology standards. Follows the ‘Architect to Operate’ as a key principle to ensure solutions transition smoothly into Run
- Takes the lead in ensuring the Non-Functional requirements are correctly captured
- The SA will be accountable for owning the design and creating the required documentation to submit to the Solution Design Approval Forum in to get design approval
- Promotes reusability of existing solutions by adopting approved design patterns
- Facilitate design thinking workshops with key stakeholders of all levels to help define the problem statement with both Business and IT.
- Must have a breadth of expertise across the various architecture domains: Business, Data, Application, Infrastructure and Security
- Responsible for signing off on the Non-Functional testing ensuring the correct types of testing are conducted as per the application type (e.g. customer facing transaction application requires performance testing)
- Identify architecture related risks, putting the correct mitigation plan in place and managing until resolution
- Maintain a broad and up to date skillset of the latest market trends, competitive insights, and technologies whilst sharing these within the technical community
- Manage and maintain Enterprise Architecture Repository with the latest architecture artefacts
- Provides thought leadership and drives technology innovation
- Provides advice on supplier and cost options, ensures that the validity of the overall solution is fully represented and considered in any RFI/RFPs process, or in the creation and evaluation of proof of concept solutions.
- Contributes to broader architectural governance activities by participating in peer reviews for other solutions About the Requirements
- 6+ years of work experience in a Solution Architecture / Consulting related position ideally with experience in one of the following industries: Automotive, Retail, Real Estate or Healthcare
- Deep understanding and experience of Cloud Architecture covering IaaS, PaaS and SaaS based applications, ideally using Microsoft Azure.
- Understands the value proposition of Cloud and is able to communicate the strategy / vision to bring the rest of the organization on board.
- Experience designing cloud native applications using Containers and Serverless technologies following Microservice based architectures.
- Strong experience in the design and implementation of multiple integration patterns covering SOA and API’s.
- Background in application development
- Understands the key considerations in Security, Resilience and High-Availability when designing new patterns for mission-critical applications.
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and creative in solving problems, experience in using design thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, confident presenter with a high degree of comfort in front of audiences of all sizes and able to translate complex subjects in a simple manner (Senior Executives, IT management and developers)
- Ability to build strong relationships across multiple IT teams including infrastructure, application, security and data.
- Always puts the customer first.
- Good leadership and teamwork skills with strong experience of working collaboratively in an agile environment using SCRUM, Kanban, etc to deliver new products and services.
- Constantly strives for better ways of doing things – does not remain happy with the status quo
- Solid understanding and experience of ITIL covering Incident, Problem & Change to improve the Operations Architecture
- Breadth and Depth of Technical knowledge covering: Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, RPA, Mobile, Web, Cloud
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks, such as TOGAF or Zachman, including the development (and ensuring adherence to) of Architecture principles and standards
- Industry recognised software development/architecture certification Education: Degree in Computer Science/IT/similar
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
calendar_today1 week ago
location_onDubai, United Arab Emirates