IOS Senior Engineering (BB-8AFDE)
Found in: Neuvoo AE
Description:"IOS Senior Engineering | Al-Futtaim Retail | Dubai
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Reports to: Senior Product Manager
Reports directly to the Senior Product manager, Al Futtaim Retail. Has full accountability to ensure a smooth customer experience on every digital channel powered by iOS, both in-store and online.
- Develop and launch all Al-Futtaim Retail iOS apps in Apple Appstore and maintain them in the
- Responsible for design, architect and develop the applications. Also responsible for implementing
- new features and release them on time.
- Provide support to customers, merchandizers and operations in a timely manner.
- Works with marketing and analytics team to identify the key requirements for them and implement
- those requirement in apps, helps them to analyze the data. Helps the merchandizing team to
- merchandize within the app.
- Apart from ecommerce apps, responsible for other digital channel developments powered by Apple
- like kiosk applications. Example: Wishtree for ACE, KMS for M&S Singapore
- Hands-on native iOS Swift experience including implementing customer facing features using
- Interface Builder, writing unit tests, working with frameworks such as Cocoa.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other web technologies like node js, php, java and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries.
- Experience in developing Android applications and hybrid solutions like Appcelerator, Xamarin etc
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools such as Instruments and Shark
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- A strong technical background, with deep understanding of client-server architecture.
- Experience in setting up a mobile software development environment and thereby establishing a process of building and releasing an app to the App store
- Agile approach to development, testing, and documentation in a cross-functional team environment
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things to the next level and a passion for
- adopting the latest features in iOS.
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Sync with the ""cross-functional"" squad teams during the entire product development lifecycle
- Improve, optimize, and identify opportunities for improved software engineering cycle
- Solid agile execution for building digital products using the frameworks like Scrum, kanban
Work Experience & skills:
- 10+ years of experience in digital product development
- Developed more than 30 iOS applications and more than 10 ecommerce application.
- Experience in launching apps in MENA region.
- Experience in working with remote teams and vendors.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science
- 8 years of experience in developing and testing highly distributed, complex eCommerce Platforms
- Experience with Agile Methodologies preferred
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools like Jenkins, Maven, ANT
- Experience with distributed source control systems such as GIT or BitBucket
- Testing software at API level
- Mobile app testing experience & native mobile automation using the tools like Calabash & Appium
- Solid knowledge of website and mobile analytics tools like Google Analytics, Mixpanel or Omniture
- Strong attention to detail, proactive and flexible approach with ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established deadlines
- Ambitious, resilient and driven, with the desire to succeed
- Passionate about their work with a can-do attitude
- A team player capable of working cross-functionally in a collaborative manner
- Results-orientated, with the ability to drive and deliver the implementation of new ideas
- Excellent presentation, time management and delivery skills
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application without delay."
calendar_today1 week ago
location_onDubai, United Arab Emirates
payment600.000 € - 800.000 € per year
work Robinson & Co (Singapore) Pte Ltd