Complete Guide- How to pack for different camping sites?
Planning your first camping trip? Let’s begin with talking about packing. A getaway to the wilderness does not require much in the clothing and shoe departments like other vocational outings. However, there are some camping essentials you won’t want to forget.
This is because, unlike your other vacation tours, where if you forget to pack something, you can easily grab it from a nearby store. But in the wilderness, it is an entirely different story.
So, here’s a checklist that includes everything you need to carry before you head out for experiencing a successful camping trip.
Let’s get started!
To start with, your camping backpack should be packed with the camping clothes on priority. When it comes to camping clothes, make sure to pack lightweight fabrics that are moisture-absorbing, or you can say they should be reusable. This will not overload your camping backpack.
Other essentials in camping clothes include:
- Lightweight hat
- Hiking Boots or Trail Runners
- Packable waterproof and breathable jacket
- Wool socks
- Long pants & long-sleeved shirts
- Water shoes or sandals with good grip
Health and hydration supplements
Camping without cooking is an incomplete venture. So, head for camping with a few cooking skills. As you’ll have to prepare your meals, save some real estate in your backpack for a portable kitchen. Also, don’t forget to pack some energy boosters and a complete backup of supplements for a smooth journey.
These items include:
- Camping stove with fuel
- Utensils (pans, pots, jars, cutlery, knives)
- Lightweight, reusable water bottle
- Lightweight towel and soap
- Energy bars and boosters
- Hydration and electrolyte supplements
Camping personal and hygiene essentials
Never skip on keeping your personal care items, but carry only the necessities.
Those items include:
- Toilet paper
- Lip balm with SPF
- Hand sanitizer
- First aid kit
- Toiletry kit (with a toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, soap, etc.)
- Prescription medications you need to take
When you plan to camp or hike to unfamiliar places, it’s imperative to have a backup of navigation tools that’ll guide you and ensure a safe trip.
Here’s what to pack:
- Portable GPS
- Compass and map (A perfect backup for the GPS)
- Maps or a guidebook
- Pen or pencil
- Flashlights or headlamps (And extra batteries)
Here’s a list of camping essentials that you will need to sleep as safely and comfortably as possible:
- Tent (Make sure you have all the necessary poles and stakes)
- Sunshade or tarp
- Travel pillows
- Folding chairs and table
- Sleeping bags
- Sleeping pads or a light air mattress
- Multi-purpose pocket knife for any quick cutting needs
The best part of camping is you get quality time to spend with friends and family, without the common high-tech distractions.
Maximize this fun with these things:
- Playing cards
- Fishing gear (Poles, reels, line, lures, and tackle.)
- Kayaking gear (Life jackets, kayak, paddles, and repair kit)
This is a comprehensive list that you may or may not need depending on what type of trip you’re going on. However, wherever you go, make sure you pack all the necessary and wisely decide what to leave.
Have a great camping experience!
You have no groups that fit your search