This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
Highly capable product manager with 16+ years’ experience, seeking to leverage proven leadership, strategy, and technical skills to grow revenue at an exciting company. Met up to 130% of revenue goal in fast-paced tech firm. Led 20% UX design efficiency improvement and 50% product quality assessment improvement based on a strong analytical and innovative spirit. Built up and managed a productive data science team of 8 members.
|2006 - 2009||PhD in Computer Sciences at INSA de Lyon, France (3rd best engineering school in France).|
|2005-2006||MSc. in Computer Sciences specialized in Communicating Information System, from INSA de Lyon.|
|1999-2004||Engineer in Computer Science from the USTHB University, Algiers, Algeria. Raking: 9/109 students.|
|Senior Product Manager CETIC, Belgium, Sep. 2015– Present|
- Product Management
- Understand and translate the functional and technical user requirements into URD and PRD.
- Drive product vision, create product roadmaps from conception to launch, define go-to-market strategy.
- Lead the design discussions and the technical architecture elaboration.
- Lead the product validation throughout the development lifecycle using different techniques (Including: usability study, MVP, and dogfooding).
- Create and maintain daily and weekly dashboard tracking of the performance based on referral metrics for the executive comity.
- Evangelize the products within the stockholders.
- Team Management
- Manager of the data science team of CETIC (8 data scientists and Data engineers).
- Hire, staff, and performance reviews of the team members.
- Coach, motivate, forecast skills, and manage career development of the team members.
- Addressing and removing technical and relational impediments, obstacles, and blockers for the team.
- Appraise team member performance against key performance indicators and determine appropriate feedbackapproach for team member growth and development.
- Supervising the data-driven products and project portfolio at CETIC.
- Managed more than 4 innovative products. Managed projects budget up to 1,2M€. Succeed in having a pledge of investment up to 12M€ by pitching for sponsorship.
- Met over 120% of revenue goal three years, 130% in 2019 and 125% in 2020 (31 % of the annual sales of CETIC).
- Generated an average of 15 new business opportunities per year based on the developed products.
- Improved the team productivity by 20% by implementing a dedicated tool for efficient requirement elicitation and tractability.
- Improved the product quality assessment activity by 50% by implementing a dedicated for identifying the strengths and weaknesses of the product design based on the software quality standard: ISO25000.
- Awarded as the “Digital Product of the Year” in 2017 by the specialized data magazine DataNews.
- Designated by the Walloon Economic Department as the product manager auditor for the technical and business assessment of public grant request of Walloon companies.
- Built up the Data team from 3 members to 8 members (data scientists and data engineers)
- Managed the GDPR conformity and the data protection at CETIC (as a Data Protection Officer).
P15Insight with Prayon group (worldwide leader in phosphorous chemistry): is the big data analytics software for the phosphate manufacturing that allows the production processes optimization. Budget: 477K€
- Understood, translated, and organized the clients’ requirements into User Stories (Agile Mode).
- Lead the technical design of P15Inisght (a cloud agnostic product).
- Led the delivery of the P15Insight V1.0, which is:
- Developed and deployed a data lake and a high configurable ETL tool to collect and store 5000+ industrial data sensors.
- Deployed BI dashboards for helping the operators to better control and anticipation.
- Allowed Prayon to develop 6 predictive models and generate of more than 30 insights that lead to improve the production of Prayon by around 2% (2M€ per year).
- Awarded as the “Digital Project of the Year” in 2017 by the specialized data magazine DataNews. Thanks to this project, Prayon was elected as “Digital Ambassador for Smart Factory” of Wallonia in 2018.
- Built a solid relationship with the Prayon, which leads to launch 2 new deals.
INAH (The Institute of Analytics for Health) with Walloon Ministry of Health: is a Web based software for reporting and retrieving of real-world medical data from federated medical centers.Budget: 1,2M€
- Captured and formalized the goals, requirements and constraints from the user needs, competitive analysis, new technology, and the sales team.
- Drove product vision and elaborated the product roadmap.
- Developed feature ideas into detailed specs and collaborated with designers to create mockups.
- Defined, implemented, and analyzed metrics to measure product success.
- Prioritized work for weekly sprints and coordinated the activities of the technical (as product owner), the juridical, the sales, the marketing teams.
- Led the delivery of INAH V1.0, which is:
- Deployed on 4 big regional hospitals and a general practitioner network.
- Managing more than the real-world date of 11% of the Walloon population.
- Used by 6 data user entities (including Pfizer, AstraZeneca, and MSD).
- Led the validation of INAH V1.0 by defined 4 real use cases in different clinical domains.
- Presented and pitched the project, which led to generate a positive public option for this product (covered by specialized newspapers).
- Elaborated the functional and technical roadmap for INAH V2.0. Succeeded to have a pledge of investments up to 12M€ for the development of INAH V2.0.
|Senior Project Manager CETIC, Belgium, Jul. 2012– Aug.20215|
- Managed more than 8 projects in different domains (MedTech, industry, transportation, and IT):
- Planned and prioritized the project activities schedule. Managed scope, risks, quality of the project deliverables.
- Ensured proper execution of duties and alignment with the project budget, plan, and overall vision.
- Ensured that the project deliverables are within optimal budget and price margins.
- Managed changes of internal and external project environment.
- Built trust and satisfaction of the stakeholders. New deals have been signed with 60% of these stockholders.
- INGRAMS: An industrial project with INFRABEL and ALSTOM, which aims to develop an advanced predictive maintenance software for rail equipment (Duration: 6 months, Budget: 230K€).
- MOBITS: industrial project with Thales and TEC, which aims to develop an integrated information software to both passengers and operators of public transport for providing a real-time status of the transport offer (Duration: 10 months, Budget: 610K€).
- Numericanal: industrial project with VNF, Canal River Trust, Eidhoven city and Eijsden-margraten city, which aims to develop an integrated information system for improving sustainable modes of transport and tourism along waterways (Duration: 3 months, Budget: 116K€).
|Project Manager Namur University, Belgium, Nov. 2009 – Jun. 2012|
- Managed a European R&D project that aims to develop a new standard user interface language.
- Led the activities of a research team composed of 3 members.
- Coordinated and followed-up the development phases.
- Developed the data and process (user story) modeling of the Language.
- Contributed to the standardization process of the language for W3C.
- Led the development of MVP of an interactive API composer tool.
- Pitched and promoted the results for sponsorship.
|CNRS Researcher – PhD Candidate CNRS - INSA de Lyon, France, Nov. 2006 – Oct. 2009|
- Designed and developed a prototype of an innovative business process management tool for companies (BP-FAMA).
- Authored more than 7 scientific papers and a PhD thesis.
|Software Engineer EZUS S.A, Lyon, France, Aug. 2006 – Sep. 2006|
|Software Engineer CERIST, Algiers, Algeria, Oct. 2004 – Sep. 2005|